In today’s article, we will briefly present the Samsung Statistics and whole history and you will see how a company that sold fish and noodles has become one of the most important and innovative companies in the world. So, let’s get to know its history and see how Samsung got to where it is today. The famous Samsung company was founded in 1938 by Lee Byung-Chull as a trading company, based in Taegu, Korea. But who would have thought that Samsung started by selling fish, vegetables, and even noodles, and the small grocery store had only 40 employees? In 1947, after the company grew, he moved to Seoul but left for Busan after the outbreak of the Korean War. There, Lee opened a sugar refinery, and in 1954 he founded a clothing company, where his factory had the largest weaving mill in the country. Thus, after almost 30 years since its establishment, Samsung has developed a lot in many fields, and from textile processing, insurance, securities, and retail, the company has come to enter the electronics industry and the construction industry between the years 1960 and 1970. Therefore, it seems that the diversification of the company’s activity was the main growth strategy, forming several divisions in the electronic field Samsung Electronics Devices Samsung Electro-Mechanic Samsung Corning, or Samsung Semiconductor & Telecommunications. Thus, in 1970, Samsung began to export appliances such as washing machines, microwaves, refrigerators and also then produced the first black and white TVs from Samsung. In 1978, Samsung managed to produce 5 million TVs. Over the next decade, the company began to expand into the technology business, producing black-and-white transistor TVs, color TVs, computers air conditioners, video cassette recorders, and tape recorders. The Samsung Company also provides health equipment, software developer, semiconductors, and Toll processing of display panels. Further, the company offers electronics equipment & manufacturing services. Besides, the company supplied image sensing devices and digital door locks; and quality control software as well as developed and supplied semiconductor procedure faults. After the Company offered to retail, healthcare, and hospitality, the finance, transportation, public, government, legal, and manufacturing industries. The BlackBerry Company also has a strategic partnership with Samsung. In the early 1980s, Samsung bought Hanguk Jeonja Tongsin and entered the telecommunications hardware industry, producing telephone boards, telephone, and fax systems, and later manufacturing mobile phones. Also during that period, the company expanded to Germany, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Tokyo, and New York. In 1987, founder Lee Byung-Chul passed away, and his son Lee Kun-hee took control of the company, later merging Samsung Electronics with Samsung Semiconductor, and the main line of business was home appliances, telecommunications, and semiconductors. In 1988, the first Samsung phone, the SH100, was launched. Due to the continuous development that Samsung has had, the company has become very popular among high-tech products since the ’90s. Samsung was a world leader in chip production, began producing the first digital TVs, and entered the automotive market, forming Samsung Motors, in 1998 the first Samsung car was launched. In 1992, Samsung distinguished itself by designing the world’s first 64 MB DRAM, producing more than 10 million industrial robots and designing its mobile phone system. Samsung also entered the LCD technology industry at the time, and until 2005 was the world’s largest manufacturer of LCD panels. In the 90s they also entered the field of construction, building three of the tallest buildings in the world One of the Petronas towers in Malaysia, the 101 Taipei tower, and the famous construction in the United Arab Emirates, Burj Khalifa. The early 2000s came with new technologies and innovations in the field of electronics from Samsung. Thus, the company recorded sales of over 100 million units for color TVs, Also during this period, Samsung acquired various companies that contributed to the development of technologies for electronic devices, in 2005 becoming the market leader in mobile phones in the U.S. In 2011, Samsung Electronics sold the HDD business to Seagate Technology for $1.4 billion. In 2016, Samsung Electronics bought cloud computing company Joyent and automotive equipment maker Harman International Industries. In 2018, Samsung business divisions launched the largest smartphone factory in the world, located in Noida, India. It launched the QLED 8K TV range and The Wall, the world’s first MicroLED modular TV, and delivered the first commercial 5G equipment in the US and Korea. In 2019, Samsung celebrated 50 years since its inception, offered the world’s first 8K HDR10 + content, launched their first foldable phone, the Galaxy Fold, and unveiled the world’s first 75-inch MicroLED.Samsung currently has approximately 290,000 employees and is positioned as a world leader in TV sales, with a market share of over 23% in 2020, and in terms of innovation, Samsung reserves 5th place in the top of the most innovative companies in the world.
Samsung Group Overview:
The Samsung company is a South Korean multinational company headquartered in Seoul. It comprises numerous affiliated company provide sensors, trackers, outlets, security and monitoring, wi-fi routers, hubs, and buttons.
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Mobile Communications
3. Device Solutions
1. Consumer Electronics-
The Samsung Company is engaged in other businesses, technology, and venture capital investment. The Samsung Company focuses on its improvement day by day without any break in every field like tech, home accessories, as well as in health field.
- Visual Display
- Home Appliance
- Health & Medical Equipment
2. IT & Mobile Communications-
The Samsung Company is famous for its new technology, innovation & many other people’s services. The Company serves retail healthcare, AI-based technology research, consulting as well as cloud services.
- Mobile Communication Business
- Network Business
3. Device Solutions-
The Company provides the best smartphone in your budget so that we can afford the best value phone. As we know the Company is focusing on its development and introduction of more technology to set out preferable offerings.
- Memory Business
- System LSI Business
The Samsung Company New Video Game Hub Could Ultimately Publish Game Streaming On Tvs:
The Samsung Company launched its smart TV name with Samsung LED in variable version, also Samsung will launch video games on its Smart TV to users this year. After streaming on Samsung game hub this company will grow further.
The Samsung Company Beat Apple As The No. 1 Smartphone Brand Worldwide:
At the start of 2022 Apple lags behind Samsung. Samsung is estimated to ship 276 million phones worldwide. Where Apple with 243 million.
Some Interesting Statistics Facts About Samsung:
- Samsung was founded more than 80 years ago in 1938 in South Korea.
- It initially started as a company that sells noodles, food, and dried fish, and it was not until 1970 that it introduced its first electronic product, a 12-inch black and white television.
- Samsung is not only the one that launched the famous series of Galaxy phones, but it is a conglomerate made up of several subsidiaries.
- And if you thought that Samsung only produces electronic products, you were wrong.
- The best-known subsidiaries are Samsung Electronics, Samsung C&T Corporation, Samsung Engineering, Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance, and Samsung Heavy Industries.
- The word Samsung translates to “three stars” in Korean, founder Lee Byung-Chull wanting to use the name to symbolize the company’s eternity as that of the stars, and the logo we all recognize has been used since 1993, before two others created in 1969 and 1980.
- The tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, was built by Samsung’s construction division.
- Moreover, Samsung also helped build Petronas Twin Towers and the Taipei 101.
- The Heavy Industries division also builds more than 30 large ships a year on a 400 million square meter shipyard.
- 236,000 people work for Samsung, and more than 79 countries host its locations.
- To start developing truly high-quality products, Samsung President Lee Kun Hee destroyed more than 150,000 phones in front of 2,000 employees because they did not meet quality standards.
- In 2016, Samsung recalled 2.5 million Note 7 phones because it was a danger to users due to battery failures.
- Samsung focuses a lot on in-house creation, so about 90% of the equipment they use is manufactured in Samsung factories.
- In partnership with Six Flags, Samsung created in 2016 the first VR Rollercoasters in North America compatible with Samsung VR devices.
- Always at the top of technology manufacturers, Samsung has distinguished itself over the years by creating the digital TV in 1998, introducing the Watch phone and MP3 phone in 1999, 3D home theater in 2010, and introducing the world’s first curved display smartphone in 2013.
- Since 1993, more than 50,000 employees have completed more than 64 courses through the Samsung Human Resource Development Center.
- Samsung, more precisely Samsung Construction & Trading owns the largest theme park in South Korea, known as Everland.
- Samsung also created the SGR-A1 Robot, which can automatically identify a target and can shoot from a distance of 3.2km.
- Moreover, they have created a tank that can project up to a distance of 40km, called K9 Thunder.
- Moreover, Samsung has its city.
- It covers a huge area of 389 acres, has 131 buildings and 3 very tall buildings, and employs about 35,000 people.
Samsung is a great company overall and dominating the world manufacturing. There is no person who never used any Samsung product. How much you like these Samsung statistics, kindly let us know in comment box.